Wednesday 26 April 2017

Interim Evaluation

I feel that my preparatory shoots have been successful due to the way that they have all been focused around the concept of Self Identity.  This linking concept allows them to fit into the exam brief of connected images.  I have also explored the concept of connected images through analysing artists work whom feature composite photography such as Dash Snow and Patrick Winfield.  I feel that my largest influence in regard to self expression would be David Shama due to the way that he focuses on a group of people in his shoots such as “7Eleven” enabling the viewer to form an emotive connection to the subjects of the shoot.  This connection is important to me as I want my final shoots to be about self indemnity of youth as a collective and to do this I will be involving my subjects in the personalisation of some of my images in order to better convey their personalities to the viewer.

In my preparatory shoots I have learnt about different mediums of photography such as Instant film and digital photography and the connotations associated with both forms of photography.  I have also focused on when it is appropriate to use certain forms of photography in relation to the need to alter image on Photoshop CC 2014 or to illustrate a certain tone as an Instant film image will generally have a standard form of colourisation of appearing bright and blown out at close range but dark in any distanced shadows as a result of the fixed aperture on most Instant film cameras.  However a digital camera is easier to alter settings on meaning that more diverse images can be created.  Digital images are also easier to effectively alter in editing programmes meaning they are more effective in a heavily edited piece.


I will be focusing on the use of collage techniques in my exam shoots as I feel that this allows for a great deal of personal expression in my photography as it allows for the subjects of my image to have input into the personalisation process of the images.  I will be shooting both in the studio using my experience in lighting techniques from Component 1 and also shooting externally using my documentary shoots from Component 2.  I feel that this blend of locations will best demonstrate my intentions of displaying personal identity.


No comments:

Post a Comment